Naugatuck Public Schools is a community of learners that values an active partnership with parents, businesses and the public to prepare students for the challenges of a diverse, global, and informated world. This is accomplished by maximizing the potential of all students by teaching them to think critically, solve problems, make decisions, communicate effectively and use technology, while acting ethically and responsibly.
Goals and Action Plan 2012 - 2015
Goal One : Achieve academic success for all students as measured by annual assessment test scores.
1. Support early education opportunities for all Naugatuck children.
2. Provide professional development opportunities for faculty, staff and Board of Education members in support of increased student achievement.
3. Support accelerated learning programs including TAG and enrichment.
4. Actively monitor student, school and district achievement in meeting test proficiency levels.
5. Actively work to attract and retain a high quality and diverse staff.
6. Provide educational opportunities so that all students, regardless of race, gender, ethnicity or socioeconomic status will achieve at high levels.
Goal Two: Enhance community collaboration and communication in support of the Naugatuck Public Schools Strategic Plan.
1. Provide timely information to keep the community informed and engaged in the school district’s mission, vision and goals.
2. Increase community support of public education.
3. Encourage the usage of the internet and technology in support of communication and collaboration.
4. Promote the district’s annual funding request and create a budget presentation to clearly communicate educational funding needs to the public.
5. Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with businesses, community agencies and or-ganizations to expand student learning opportunities.
6. Increase opportunities to share and promote educational activities and accomplishments through all forms of media.
Goal Three: Provide a warm, friendly, approachable environment in all buildings where every member of the learning community is valued and respected.
1. Require that each school building be maintained in compliance with all building codes and all state, federal and local health and safety codes.
2. Enforce anti-bullying policies and requirements regarding any and all forms of bullying.
3. Provide a positive and safe environment for all students to reach their full potential.
Goal Four: Provide all students with the technology and equipment necessary in order to think critically, problem solve and be successful learners in the 21st century.
1. Provide greater opportunities for students to engage in and benefit from virtual educational programs.
2. Promote the use and access of technology as appropriate to improve learning opportunities in grades K-12.
3. Use technology to increase engagement of all students.